Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Untitled

It's been a while since I've blogged because I've been planning my trip to Osaka. In an effort to find the most economical way to get down there, and stay I have scoured the internet in search of cheap transportation and all I came up with was the night bus. I knew about it all along and didn't want to use it originally; however, when I saw that it would save me about 12,000 yen I decided that I was too poor to not use it.

I also decided that staying in a youth hostel would be my best option when I saw rates for single rooms at only 2200 yen. However, I'm staying near Tsutenkaku (Osaka Tower) in probably the filthiest neighborhood of the city. It's going to be fun.

I had an interesting weekend last week. It started with a call from my pal in Tokyo who said I should go to Tokyo on Saturday for dinner. I said I'd think about it and let him know the next day. So Saturday came and I decided to go to the city for dinner under the assumption that I would be able to crash on his floor if needs be.

Turns out he had plans with his girlfriend after dinner and that I had to go home, the only problem was that I missed the last train home. I decided I could do one of two things, stay at a capsule hotel or go out drinking alone in Roppongi. I decided to check out Roppongi and walked around a bit; however, being unfamiliar with the area, the bars, and being low on cash made me decide to check into a capsule hotel.

It was my first stay at a capsule hotel and while it wasn't much, it did provide me with a bed, shower, and company for only 3000 yen. I met a man probably a bit older than my father who called this hotel home and we talked about American food for about 25 minutes...he wasn't able to get over the fact that Americans don't eat cheeseburgers everyday. My breaks over at work and I have to get going.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home