Monday, September 25, 2006

Oretachi wa ofensive dakara sa!

I finally got internet at my dorm!! But if anything could go wrong it does, the left shift key on my keyboard will no longer work...adjusting to right handed shifting is a pain in the ass. Also, if I miss a capital letter or type a semi-colon instead of a colon; forgive me, chances are I pressed shift but it didn't go down all the way.

Anway, I had the best weekend last week, it was possibly the best two days since I've been here. Another American who works in sales at my company invited me to go to the Tokyo Video Game Show with him and one of his friends. Originally I wasn't planning on doing much and a video game show wasn't what I had in mind for fun either; but, he offered to drive me (makuhari mesa in Chiba)so I thought to myself, "what the hell, I don't know anyone in the area anyway." So I went. Even though I'm not a gamer, the games there were pretty cool. I got to play tennis on the new ps3 and watch some hot model girls play the new Nintendo.

Speaking of hot model girls, they were all over the place decked out in Sega, Capcom, and Xbox clothing; basically it was an Otaku's dream. And did the Otakus come or what. Crowds of men with professional cameras gathered around these beauties snapping their pictures (I could tell that they weren't press because the press had special name tags). Then there were the cosplay people (nerds who dress like maids or their favorite video game/manga/anime character). There were some elaborate costumes and even some cross dressing going on. Pretty sweet stuff.

So the guys I went there with were a little older than me...30 and 31 and I felt a little strange at first, but they turned out to be really cool. One of them and I ended up going out drinking with some of his other friends in Ginza. We ended up skipping out on the all night party and went back to the one guy's place in Saitama where I slept. It was nice meeting people who were nice enough to let me tag along with them. Good people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home