Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Lets get CRUNKY

For the last few weeks I have been given tasks. The importance of them remains questionable; however, it was work nontheless. For example, I was given lenghty documents to translate, and I scoured the network prices for products. However, this week I have been given hardly anything. Yesterday I did about 30 minutes worth of work and today I have browsed the internet for about two and a half hours.

***

There is a woman in the general affairs dept. whose job is to look after my general affairs. She helped me move into my room and told me she would take care of my internet application. We met last week and I filled in the sections of the application regarding the model and O/S of my computer (she circled the portions of the application that I was supposed to fill out). I could have easily filled out the application myself, but didn't say anything because I wanted to view her actions as a favor rather than her not expecting me to comprehend the written Japanese on the application. So last Tuesday I was happy to have completed my internet application and was looking forward to a high speed connection at home. However, The application was sent to my department because this woman forgot that I had to sign the contract. I was pissed, the application was sent out a week later than I thought it was and that means I will have to wait another week until I can get online. I just want to know, in the year 2006 with the proliferation of high speed connections all over the world, why it takes three weeks to process my application? Furthermore, how can they get away with charging me $50 a month? I thought this was supposed to be one of the most technologically advanced country in the world.

Anyway, because I don't have internet at home, I pass the time by drinking beer, cooking, and watching television. I watch the news, the variety shows, and the occasional nightly drama. I watched part of a dramatized rendition of current prime minister (soon to retire though) Junichiro Koizumi. I watched it but it was hard to understand all the political lingo that was being thrown around. Speaking of politics, I randomly saw Taro Aso giving a speech in Tokyo last weekend. He is one of three people who are in the running to replace Koizumi.

On Saturday night, I watched the season finale of "My Boss, My Hero" which was about a 27 year old yakuza boss (Maki), who was tired of being called stupid, try to go back to high school (kind of like Billy Maddison). It brought back great memories of my experience in high school because the man was a lot like me: An outsider who immediately became a quazi-celebrity. While the kids didn't know the truth behind Maki until the end of the season, his abnormalalities and antics: impoliteness, and take no prisoners attitude was enough for his classmates and teachers to cling to. Even after they found out he was in the mob they forgave him of his sins and took him back into their circle. Pretty touching.

During a commercial break I saw an advertisement for a chocolate bar. What brand of chocolate you may be thinking, well the name of the candy is: CRUNKY. I nearly pissed my pants after hearing the name. I'm surprised Lil John hasn't found this awesome snack. So excited about this candy, I immediately put on my shoes and biked to the nearest conbini (convinience store) and bought one. The taste was marginal, but that was besides the point: I was getting crunky. Once I get a camera I'm going to take a picture of the box and post it.

Last night on television they had the most stupid moments on video (all of which came from overseas) and one of the stars made an apperance in their studio. Who was this great performer, and what made her so weird? Well her name was Busty Heart and had the biggest tits I have ever seen...pumpkin size. She made herself famous in Philidelphia by crushing cans with her enormous breasts. By crush, I mean she flattened the cans, a task I can only do when I stomp on them. She didn't crush just one, she crushed 10 tall boy cans in less than a minute. I think I'm in love.

Finally I saw a show where Bobby Oregon, a Nigerian celebrity who speaks Japanese, went to Thailand with a little boy and tried to milk wild animals. They tried tigers but that proved too difficult. However, they ended up getting the milk from and an elephant. With that milk they made soft serve ice cream. Both Bobby and the little boy claimed it tasted better than normal "soft-cream".

1 Comments:

At 6:22 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Be careful doggin on the Crunky! I think those are popular among the Aussies-well, my old roomate anyway. See, I told you you would get here! ROCK AND ROLL baby!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home