Saturday, December 09, 2006

XENOPHOBIA

So I joined a Japanese social networking site when I got here called MIXI. It's the Japanese version of myspace/facebook and it has a group function. The other day I stumbled upon a pretty great group. The title: 「外国人犯罪」被害者連絡会, in english: Foreign Criminals-Victims Discussion Forum. After reading some of the posts, nobody actually has stories of themselves being victimized and I joined it just to piss off the racists who started it. Here's some examples.

犯罪ではなくても、「こんな怖い外国人を見た」ですとか「外国人と接触して嫌な思いをした」または逆に「こんな面白くてヘンな外国人を見た」でも構いません。

-(your posts) don't only have to be about crimes, it's okay to post about seeing scary foreigners, bumping into a foreigner and feeling disgusted, or even seeing a funny or strange foreigner-
***********
しかし、確実に増加傾向にある脅威について大いに語って頂きたく思います。
However, I certainly want to hear about the threats of increasing foreign crime.

*************
黒人とぶつかった時の話…
Stories about bumping into black people.
街中で黒人とぶつかった知人は思わず謝まったそうな…。
Someone I know bumped into a black man on the street and automatically apologized.
ちなみにこの知人は空手の経験者で決して素人ではないが、それでも黒人の威圧感には圧倒されたのだろうか。
FYI, he has experience with Karate, so he could definately hold his own; however even then, black people are intimidating and he'd be probably get destroyed.
私も黒人と街中でぶつかったことがある。
I've also bumped into a black person on the street.
肩がぶつかった。
We knocked shoulders.
瞬間的に―、「因縁をつけてくるかな」と思ったが、黒人はまるで何事もなかったかのように、足早に歩いて行った。
For a moment I thought he was going to try and start something with me, but he didn't do anything and I picked up my pace and walked away.
彼ら黒人は体力的に自信があるのだろう。
Those blacks probably people have confidence in their physical ability.
様々な国籍・民族の人間が増えている中、黒人にはご用心あれ―。
Out of all kinds of nationalities increasing here, be careful of the blacks.
**************
The replies to the post above....
自分は、東京・福生駅で黒人にナンパされたことがある。もう、そのときには死ぬかと思いました。
とりあえず、バイクですぐに逃げたので事なきを得たのですが。
A black man tried hitting on me at Tokyo Fussa station. I thought I was going to be killed. I just got on my bike and booked it so nothing happened.

{there was another post with someone mentioning American soldiers}
....おっしゃるとおり、米軍関係者でした。しかも、いかついゲイのナンパなんて怖すぎます。
As you were saying, he was an American soldier. Moreover, it was rugged gay nampa and it was just too scary.
*************
知らない人、まして外国人に警戒するように教育するのは当然だと思います。
I think we have to educate (our children) to be cautious of strangers, especially foreigners.
****************

Since when is bumping into a black man a crime? Moreover, bumping into people in Japan is commonplace who gives a shit? I think the guy who claims to be hit on by homosexual soldier was probably mistaken. I bet the soldier was being civil and said something to the guy and he freaked out. Anyway, there's only 26 people in the group and one guy who does most of the postings. I'm not trying to say that all Japanese people think this way, I was just find it amusing to to see these people freak out about such minute things.

1 Comments:

At 4:03 PM, Blogger Alex said...

Glizzle, you know you're scared of Americans. don't deny it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home